Fire Roasted Poblano Mashed Potatoes
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Cook Time: 30 mins, Prep Time: 15 mins, Serves: 4
2ea Poblano Peppers
3ea Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1ea Shallot, Minced
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
¼lb Butter, Unsalted
2C Heavy Cream
2lb White Potatoes, Peeled, Medium Dice
½C Parmesan Cheese
1T Black Pepper
1½T Sea Salt
1. Boil potatoes in a large pot covered by 1 inch of water. Cook until tender but not falling apart.
2. Strain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Char the poblano peppers on the grill. Allow to cool then peel and seed each pepper. Cut into small dice and reserve.
4. In a medium sized pot add the garlic, shallots, diced peppers and olive oil. Cook until shallots are translucent.
5. Add the butter and cream. Cover and simmer for 5 mins. Pour into bowl with cooked potatoes.
6. Using a potato masher, mash and mix potatoes with cream mixture, add Parmesan cheese and stir vigorously to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve as a side with any roast.