Spaghetti and Minute Marinara
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Cook Time: 15 mins, Prep Time: 15 mins, Serves: 4
1/3C Salt, Kosher
4T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
2T Shallots, Minced
3 Pints Heirloom Tomatoes, Cut into Small Cubes
½C Basil, Chiffonade
2T Parsley, Chopped
¼C Parmesan Cheese, Grated
1. Bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil; add kosher salt to taste (until you can taste the salt in the water).
2. Add 1lb of spaghetti into boiling, salted water and cook for 7 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 3T EVOO and shallots; cook until translucent.
4. Add remaining ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese, and stir together with a wooden spoon. Season with kosher salt and fresh black pepper.
5. Strain the pasta from the water and place into the cooking tomato sauce.
6. Toss until sauce evenly coats the pasta.
Serve the pasta with grated Parmesan cheese.