Braised Collard Greens
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Cook Time: 1 hour, Prep Time: 20 mins, Serves: 2
¾lb Collard Greens, Rinsed, Chopped into ½ inch Pieces
1/4C Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1/2C Onion, Medium Dice
4ea Garlic Cloves, Rough Chopped
1/2C Italian Parsley, Rough Chopped
1t Red Pepper Flakes
2t Sea Salt
1T Black Pepper
2C White Wine
2Q Stock, Chicken or Vegetable
1. Heat EVOO over medium-high heat in a large, heavy-bottom braising pan.
2. Add onions, garlic, parsley and pepper flakes; stir together until onions begin to caramelize, adjusting heat so as to not burn the pepper flakes.
3. Add collard greens and stir; pour in white wine. Allow wine to reduce by ¾.
4. Add sea salt, black pepper and stock. Turn on low and simmer for 45 mins.
5. Season with additional salt if needed.
Best served with roasted chicken or grilled pork chops.