Sicilian Broccoli Rabe
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Cook Time: 10 mins, Prep Time: 20 mins, Serves: 4
4T Kosher Salt
½lb Broccoli Rabe
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
2T Garlic Scapes (or fresh garlic), Chopped
1t Chili Flakes
2C Chopped Tomatoes
Salt & Black Pepper
1. In a large pot add 1 gallon of water and 4T of salt; bring to a boil.
2. Trim all small leaves off the stems of the broccoli rabe.
3. Drop broccoli rabe into boiling water and allow the broccoli rabe to cook for 2 minutes. Strain off the water and reserve broccoli rabe.
4. In a large sauté pan add the EVOO. Brown garlic in the EVOO and add the chili flakes.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and blanched broccoli rabe.
6. Season with salt and fresh black pepper.
7. Cover and allow ingredients to cook for 5 mins on medium-low heat.
Serve as a side to any braised meat or lamb dish.