Butter Lettuce Citrus Salad
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Prep time: 20 mins, Serves: 4
2ea Heads of Butter Lettuce, Cleaned, Leaves Separated
½C Red Onion, Fine Julienne
¼C Almonds, Toasted, Rough Chopped
1bunch Scallions, Cut into ¼ inch Rings, using Green and White Parts
1 ½C Orange Supremes
3ea Radish, Shaved Thin
3T Lemon Juice
1T Mustard Seeds, Toasted
2t Dijon Mustard
2T Tarragon, Chopped
2/3C Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt & Black Pepper
1. Mix all ingredients for the salad in a large mixing bowl tossing gently to incorporate.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil.
3. Once all ingredients are mixed thoroughly begin to slowly whisk in the EVOO until fully incorporated.
4. Season with salt and fresh black pepper.
5. Drizzle over salad ingredients and gently toss to incorporate.
Serve as a starter to an evening cookout.