Creamy Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Cook time: 25 mins, Prep time: 5 mins, Serves: 4
4C Skim Milk
1T Cinnamon, Ground
1T Nutmeg, Ground
2ea Apples, Peeled, Small Dice
2T Maple Syrup
2 ½C Rolled Oats
2T Apple Butter
1. In a heavy-bottom pot combine the milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, apples, and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Once milk comes to a simmer, add the rolled oats and incorporate evenly.
3. Simmer the mixture for 20 mins, stirring often.
4. Once the oatmeal begins to thicken, turn down to low heat and continue to stir until it has cooked for the full 20 mins.
5. After 20 mins turn off the heat and stir in the apple butter; cover for 5 mins.
Serve and enjoy with your morning coffee.