Spring Ramp Polenta
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Cook time: 30 min, Prep time: 15 min, Serves: 4
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4oz Ramps, Cleaned, Rough Chopped
2ea Garlic Cloves, Rough Chopped
1T Rosemary, Chopped
1/4t Chili flakes
3oz Fresh Goat Cheese
Salt & Black Pepper
1. Over medium heat in a medium sized pot, begin caramelizing the ramps and garlic. Once golden brown, add the rosemary and chili flakes. Stir to combine.
2. Slowly add the milk, turn to low and allow the milk to simmer.
3. Once the milk is simmering, slowly begin to whisk in the cornmeal, stirring often to remove any lumps and to keep the cornmeal from sticking to the pot.
4. Simmer for 25 minutes until the cornmeal has become tender and the milk is completely absorbed.
5. Turn off the heat; add the butter and goat cheese. Stir until fully incorporated.
6. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Serve warm alongside any grilled steak or pork chop.