Charred Onion Vinaigrette
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Cook time: 15-20 min, Prep time: 30 min, Makes: 2 Cups
1ea White Onion, Peeled, Root Removed
1T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1T Dijon Mustard
1ea Egg Yolk
2T Apple Cider Vinegar
1C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Black Pepper
1. Split the onion and place cut side up on a foil lined baking tray. Drizzle with 1T EVOO and broil until charred on the cut side. Remove from the oven and allow the onion to cool at room temperature.
2. Once the onion has cooled, cut into medium sized pieces and place in a blender with remaining ingredients, reserving the remaining 1 Cup of EVOO.
3. Slowly blend ingredients while drizzling in 1 Cup of EVOO.
4. Once all ingredients are in the blender, blend on medium-high until a uniform mixture is formed. Be sure not to puree the ingredients.
5. Pour the vinaigrette into a non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Serve slightly warm over roasted vegetables or chill and use as a salad dressing.