Apple & Kale Salad
Created by: Executive Chef Kevin Hermann
Prep time: 20 min, Serves: 2-4
6oz Kale, Rinsed
3ea Apples, Braeburn (or your favorite)
1T Apple Cider Vinegar
1ea Shallot, Peeled
2T Pine Nuts, Toasted
2oz Buttercup Cheese, Shaved
2T Mint Leaves, Rough Chopped
3T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Black Pepper
1. Remove the leaves from the rinsed kale and cut into ¼ inch strips. Place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Julienne the apple and mix with the kale. Add the apple cider vinegar and gently toss the mixture evenly.
3. Finely shave the shallots and add to the mixture along with the remaining ingredients.
4. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Serve as a side with roasted chicken or salmon.